Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Visibility States and Rebar Groups

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
TJR-Sundt
2963 Views, 9 Replies

View Visibility States and Rebar Groups

I have created groups of rebar to make it easier and quicker to place in my model.  For instance I have a joist that occurs 46 times.  So I created a group and copied that 46 times which has saved me a lot of time.  My question is:

Is there a way for these rebar groups to keep their View Visibility State (VS) settings when coping them?  It very annoying that I need to edit each and every group even though they are the same and change the (VS) so they will show up in the 3D views that I need them in.  This happens for all my rebar groups and even if I copy them individually when not in groups I have to change the VS.  With the group that I copied 46 times it takes 7 minutes for it to finish the group because it shows it is extending changes to the group to 46 instances.  Since it is extending the changes then why doesn't the VS that I changed get extended to all 46 instances of this group?

Rebar Groups View Visibility States.jpg

Rebar Groups View Visibility States - extending changes.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
AJA14
in reply to: TJR-Sundt

Hi. I've check what you're saying and you're right, it seems that everytime you place the group again you loose the visibility override for showing the reinforcement as solid but the unobscured checkbox is not affected. I think this should be submitted to the autodesk team.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 10
TJR-Sundt

I just got confirmation back about this issue.  Since the View Visibility States are instance paraameters it won't copy from one bar to the next.  I would have to ungroup all the bar groups that I have made and then select them all at once to and then change the View Visibility State and select the views I want to View as Solids or Unobstructed. 

Sadly this defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do.  Because my rebar overlaps on the top, bottom and sides it is easier to group them so they stay together per the shop drawings.  If I ungroup the bar it will want to host to the incorrect concrete column, beam or joist.

Message 4 of 10

Sadly enough, you consider a problem solved, when an answer has been given that indicates the impossibility of something a user reasonnably would like to do.
I am tackling the same problem, and would like a real solution, where I can also modify the presets for these parameters, so standard they would appear, and perhaps later I can obscure / hide the bars.

Can you give a solution for this?

Message 5 of 10

Hi 

Message 6 of 10

Hi

@AJA14 @TJR-Sundt@peter.vanorshoven

I managed to find a way around this - using an add-in. Took less than 10 sec to change the visibility state of all my rebar in one view. I also saw a dynamo script for this somewhere online. Unfortunately I don't think Revit has a setting to keep the 3D visibility state of a bar after copying it.

Message 7 of 10

@nuraan.ebrahim It would be good to know the workaround the visibility of all bars in a view even if it is in model groups. Can you share which add-in does the job or a dynamo script would also be helpful? Thanks

Message 8 of 10
naleksic
in reply to: tasneem.hamid

Anyone found a solution yet? Having the same problem.

Wish we could attach some sort of template on these visibility settings.

Message 9 of 10
gustavoauad

I found the solution creating a basic dynamo script which i'm now sharing here. Check it out my attachment. Hope it helps 😉

Message 10 of 10
rdvaghela91

Did anyone found the real solution upto Revit 2020?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report