Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Reference in Text

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
SeanSpence
687 Views, 11 Replies

View Reference in Text

I would like to add a view reference to a text item

Eg. We have a standard Slab Control Joint in a drafting view. previously we would reference this in CAD by adding Mtext and a leader to the plan that read
" C.J. -see section 1/S201"

Is there a way to link a text item to a view?
I would like to stop thinking as much as possible. Not having to think about if my section references are coordinated would help w/ this endeavor. Call me lazy if you will, its the truth:)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: SeanSpence

Currently no. The only work-around is to create a detail mark without graphic lines, place it (referenceing an existing detail) and then move it into a gap you left in your text.

Why not just place the detail reference over the place/area where it might occur? You can make that detail have the references red TYP instead of similar. Having the text reference has been a wish list item over at AUGI.com It is still an older 2D cad-based short-cut.

Scott Womack
Message 3 of 12
SeanSpence

Thank you for your reply.

I had been playing around w/ your sugestion yesterday before posting. The problem I was having was changing the Detail View reference cut to read "Typ" instead of "Sim". I ended up having to make them all read "Typ". I created A duplicate of "drafting View:Detail & Called it Detail Typ and simply changed the reference label to Typ. But when I select the Section Reference cut on plan and change it to this new "Detail Typ" it reverts back to the original "Detail" . So I ended up editing the original to read "Typ" Am I doing something wrong?

I would like to be able to Add some "Sim" Details, At the moment Im doing this by placing a text item over the top of the "Typ" next to the section. It would be nice to just edit the Reference Label perameter on a section by section basis.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Each View (not the symbol, but the view type itself has just one "text" that it will make the symol display. What you do is select the drafting view or detail, get the properties diaog up, hit the Edit, then the Duplicate, this will allow you to make another type of view that would display the different text. Other views of that type can then be change from one text view type to read differently.

Scott Womack
Message 5 of 12
SeanSpence

Your a BLOODY GENIUS!!!!!

Cheers Mate
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

No, not a genius, but just a poor architect that has been banging his head against the Revit wall for 4 years in a production mode.

Scott Womack
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Could you explain further. I don't know what a detail mark is in Revit.

Thanks
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

A Detail mark, is the type of Section mark Revit uses to create a detail instead of a full section. Create one, then you can begin to backwards engineer it to get to the "mark" portion so you can get to the tags necessary to complete this.

Scott Womack
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you for your help.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I created a section tag that, I think, is similar to what you were suggesting. I can't find a way to turn of the section line. Would you please look at it, to see if you can find a way to hide it. Thanks.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

You can't completely do away with this. You can draw the line really short, or use the line a underlining your view reference. I guess if you can't completely hide it, why not "use" it to some advantage?

Scott Womack
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks, I'll try that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report