Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Depths in Callouts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
amy
Enthusiast
1893 Views, 4 Replies

View Depths in Callouts

Revit Structure 2012

I would like to have the plan callout view a different cut plane then the original plan. In the attachement: the picture on the left is the original dependant plan view and on the right is the callout view.

On the left is cut above the slab to show pilasters etc as hidden lines but on the right I want the pilaster to be a solid line to show that I am cutting through it (then the rebar should show up as well).

Is there a way to make this happen?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgilbertFBRA1
in reply to: amy

Have you tried adjusting the properties>>extents of the callout view?  Change the Far Clip Settings to Independent, Parent View to <none> and Far Clipping to Clip with Line.  Then adjust the Far Clip Offset to suit your needs?

Message 3 of 5
amy
Enthusiast

In this attachment I changed the view depth as you suggested. I still need to be able to move the top clip line to get below the 150 slab that sits on top of the pilaster.  Is there a way to do this?

Or do I need to turn off the slab above so the pilaster is no longer hidden?

Message 4 of 5
dgilbertFBRA1

you could indeed hide the slab in the view OR you could make the slab transparent (click on the slab, then right click on the mouse and choose Override Graphics in View, By Element.  Check the Transparent box.   Hope that works for you.

Message 5 of 5
amy
Enthusiast

I cannot override graphics by element, Revit makes me pick by category. So I just used hide in view - elements.

I made my model in 2011 and linked it into 2012 to be detailed and annotated. This is due to the architect only having 2011 and our templates were created in 2012. So this is the work around.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report