Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Girt vs Column schedule

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
veronyk_1
838 Views, 4 Replies

Vertical Girt vs Column schedule

I would like to use Channel or HSS as a vertical girt and I don't want to see them in my column schedule. I tried to create another family named: "entremise" but they are still visible in my schedule. Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lzaras1
in reply to: veronyk_1

I use a filter.

For the girts (that you don't want to show on schedule) give a comment in the properties "Not in GCS"

Create a filter to find all Columns containing in the comments "Not in GCS"

Then, in your schedule view, add the filter, but turn it's visibility off.

HTH.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 5
quyv
in reply to: lzaras1

Hi,
How can you add the filter to schedule view?? I can only apply it to model views such as plans, elevation etc.

I will give the comment or description in properties of family type as "not shown" then filter in schedule by comment/description using "not equal to" query.

Quy Vu
Message 4 of 5
lzaras1
in reply to: quyv

quyv,

Create your filter to include the "not shown" by using the "contains" statement. 

When you apply your filter to your schedule view, you will then turn off the visibilty of this filter by unchecking the visibilty box.

See if my attached screen shot helps you.

ETA:  after re-reading your post, you may need to play with your filter rules so that the filter captures the members you've noted.  Personally, I place the "not in GCS" note in the comments for each individual column as an instance, not as a family, or type. 

You may want to test your filter before turning off the visibility of it by changing the color of the items through the filter.  That way you can see if the filter is grabbing the items you intended.  Once you've found that your filter is working, you can then uncheck the visibilty box.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 5 of 5
quyv
in reply to: lzaras1

Thanks lazaras1
We are talking about different things. The Schedule that I mentioned is the "Schedule/ Quantities". That's why I was confused. We don't use graphical column schedule here. Even though it's good imo. Thank you anyway.
Quy Vu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report