Valued Contributor sta
Valued Contributor
sta
Message 1 of 6 (333 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to create Beam to CIP Wall Connection

333 Views, 5 Replies
11-07-2012 12:24 PM

I would like to detail in a 3d connection (steel plate and all) of a Beam to a concrete wall. I have the " Steel Connections" extension from Autodesk and it is missing this ability. Is there anyway to create this connection?

Valued Mentor
AJA14
Message 2 of 6 (321 Views)

Re: Unable to create Beam to CIP Wall Connection

11-07-2012 11:28 PM in reply to: sta

You could either create a callout, and use detailing to get what you need, or you would create a drafting view and do it as you would in autocad, using 2d drafting. Still waiting on Autodesk to improve this area.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Valued Contributor sta
Valued Contributor
sta
Message 3 of 6 (314 Views)

11-08-2012 06:12 AM in reply to: sta

So there is no way to model this connection three dimensionally? Has anyone ran into this situation and found an extension, plugin or work around?

Valued Mentor
AJA14
Message 4 of 6 (310 Views)

11-08-2012 07:19 AM in reply to: sta

to do it as a 3D model element, you would have to export to ASD or TEKLA, do the connections theri, and import them back to revit. I haven't personally done that, but I know people who have used tekla for this, and I went to an Autodesk seminar and asked this question and his answer was to use ASD (Autocad Structural Detailing).

Ali Al-Hammoud
Valued Contributor sta
Valued Contributor
sta
Message 5 of 6 (305 Views)

11-08-2012 07:30 AM in reply to: AJA14

Thanks AJA14, I tried to use ASD yesterday to create this connection but ran into many problems ( first time using it was  most likely the main problem). Do you know if when you import the ASD connection into Revit does it show up as a 3d object or is it a 2d cad file? Also I am assuming it does not have any information that can be attached to the object if so.

Valued Mentor
AJA14
Message 6 of 6 (269 Views)

11-21-2012 11:43 PM in reply to: sta

Hi. anything you export to ASD or TEKLA will come back in 3D. However, another option would be to buy SDS/2 connect and use it. It is an add-in for revit but it is expensive (1500 dollars). However, it is available for free trial for 30 days. I suggest you install and try it and it may be what you're looking for. Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube