Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition from AutoCAD

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JerseyEngineer
527 Views, 2 Replies

Transition from AutoCAD

Good Afternoon

The company I work for are at the moment considering moving to Revit Structures from plain old AutoCAD.

I would be very interested if you could please share your experiences from you went through this process.  I would be particular interested in your learning curve of Revit.  Also once you were competent in Revit how much time do you feel you save from the days when you used to do everything in AutoCAD.

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to reading your comments.

Regards

Paul.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sconrad77
in reply to: JerseyEngineer

Paul,

We use either Revit or AutoCAD.  And our main reason for using Revit on a project is when the design will have a certain level of complexity and there is need for multiple disciplines to coordinate in 3D.  These kinds of projects, I can't dream of making the same design desicions using "vanilla" AutoCAD.  Efficiency, for sure, happens when changes occur and you already have sections and elevations automatically populating these changes.

!Disclaimer! There is a learning curve. But I have heard that usually things start clicking by about the second project.

Message 3 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: JerseyEngineer

Moving to Revit Structure or any other flavor of Revit will be different for everyone and every firm. I recommend that you reach out to like size firms that you know of and start a conversation with them about the process. You may also want to talk to a local re-seller as they will have direct experience in this field. I’m sure if you contact Autodesk 1-800-538-6401 and explain your situation they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Thank for posting,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report