Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topography from Point Cloud

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Vasily_BC
3662 Views, 4 Replies

Topography from Point Cloud

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Revit and have a problem with creating topography from point clouds.

Is there such option at all?

As far as I found, people usually do surface in Civil 3D and import it as a 3D polylines into Revit.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: Vasily_BC

Message 3 of 5
Vasily_BC

Thanks for suggestion Chris,

However, I sort of already knew about such option.

As far as I can see it is better to do a final surface with Civil 3D (include grading, corridor surfaces and EG).

Turn a Civil 3D surface in Point display and use method that you mentioned.

But it is not very flexible you know.

And another thing is, when I bring my points into Revit they appear not on a right place.

Even if I fixed Survey Point coordinates.

With contours I can have a reference location to move my imported DWG lines to right place.

So I'm asking myself now. Does it worth to bring high intensity data for topography?

Cheers,

Vasily Lisovskiy

Message 4 of 5
Chris.Aquino

We are always looking to make our products better, and the following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 5
Koushik_Das

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=3207550736504698561&appLang=en&os=Win64

This works for version 2020 to 2023. sorry if your struggling with 2019 and lower. we need the dynamo route for this. and this wil be done using the node. topography by point. Use the software known as " Cloud COmpare " to export the xyz csv. and then well its a feature in revit itself. create topography from csv. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report