Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Family: Project Information Modification?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
TrevN
8080 Views, 12 Replies

System Family: Project Information Modification?

Hi All,

Very new to Revit and am currently setting up our templates. My first question is can you edit, delete and add Parmeters to the Project Properties Table?

The out of the box parameters are ok but a little limited to what we what.

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
AJA14
in reply to: TrevN

Hi,

Yes you can.

Read about project parameters and shared parameters. You can even add formulas and much more.

Good luck,

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 13
TrevN
in reply to: AJA14

I have had a read but the usual help files are rubbish!

Where do I go to modify what is listed within the Project Information Table?

Thamks

Message 4 of 13
AJA14

Hi,

Go to manage, project or shared parameters and add your required information as instance or type properties for any category you need.

If you add project parameters, the property is then added directly to the category you decide.
If you add shared parameters, you first need to create a shared parameter file, add your parameters, then add them to the project. This way you can use these in other projects.

Each one has advantages and disadvantages.

If things stay vague, please inform me and I will try to provide a more detailed explanation when I have a chance.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 5 of 13
TrevN
in reply to: AJA14

I understand all of that and have added the parameters I want.

What I'm after is if you go to Manage and open the Project Information Table, listed there are other parameters. I would like to modify and add to this. Where can you do this is it is at all possible?

Attched is the table I mean.

Cheers

Message 6 of 13
Joe.Charpentier

Hi-

The parameters will only show up in the Project Information dialog if the category "Project Information" is applied to the parameter.

To do this, do the following:

-Add your new Parameter: (“Manage” Tab>Project Parameters, then in the Project Parameter Dialog Choose “Add”, or Modify an existing parameter.)

-In the Parameter Properties dialog, select the data type of the parameter you want to use, give it a name. Then, in the Categories list on the right hand side of the dialog, make sure "Project Information" is checked.

-Click OK in both dialogs to finish.  Now if you go into the Project Information dialog, you will see your new parameter.

Joe

Message 7 of 13
TrevN
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Yep, get all that and was being a little slow there!

But I'd still like to remove some parameters that are shown in the Project Information Table, but the ones I want don't appear in the Project Parameters Table where I can add or remove my own created ones?

Are these hidden types that are always there?

Thanks again.

Message 8 of 13
Joe.Charpentier

Yes, some of these parameters are hard-coded and cannot be removed.

Joe

Message 9 of 13
TrevN

Thanks Joe.

Getting there now!

Is there an easy way to create a parameter with a radio button like the Project Address parameter within the Project Information tab?

I have a long note that I wish to add to the sheet family that will change for each sheet, and doing it the same fasion as the Project Address for individual sheets seems a good way?

Message 10 of 13

Joe,

The System Family: Sheets associtated with the Edit Label - Label Parameters / Category Parameters in the Title Block Family is uneditable?

My problem is we initially Labeled - Drawn By / Checked By etc... and now we want to remove from the Title Block. After deleting the labels from the family and reloading into the project, the option to modify these parameters is still showing in the Identiy Data when you select the Title Block. I have also run the Purge command on both the Title Block Family and the Project and it won't go away.

Also, there are are additional, non related items that have since shown up in the System Family: Sheets that i would like to delete. No idea how they got there.

Please help.

Jeff

Message 11 of 13
L.Maas
in reply to: ARCHNELSON

Some things can not be deleted, because they are hard coded. For example if you start a new project without a template. If you then create a new sheet and for titleblock choose none you will end up with the following parameters

Titleblock.png

You can decide not to use them on the sheet, but they will always exist in the properties window of a sheet.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 12 of 13

Joe,

I take it there's no way to add parameters to the Project Information Table. I'm having the same issue TrevN has been asking about. I'd like to be able to add my consultants' websites to the list. I've created the parameters and assigned them to the Project Information group but they still don't show up in the table. I've tried adding the shared parameters to various families but I can't get the labels to populate--presumably because I can't add the info to these parameters.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Screenshot.jpg

Message 13 of 13
Mark.Friis
in reply to: jmackYB9CT

Why is the Type-Button grayed out? Sometimes i want to have more Templates to choose from or a list with companies to choose from, so i dont Need to type the Company-Information in every time, but can just choose the Company Name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report