Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swept blend from Autocad polylines?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bjornhgr
1114 Views, 1 Reply

Swept blend from Autocad polylines?

Hi.

I have a series of bridge cross sections (polylines) created in AutoCAD 2013. In Autocad I can easily use the loft function to create a 3D solid from these polylines. Is there a way to import the polylines to Revit and use swept blend or any other command to create a Revit element? Or, if possible, import the Autocad 3D solid and convert that to a Revit element? I've tried to explode the polylines in Revit, but they are all compressed to a single level (all Z-coordinates are lost).

I've found a workaround consisting of creating reference planes at all the polylines and manually picking lines for profiles, but with hundreds of total sections, that's going to be really time consuming...

Any way to solve this? I'm a bit surprised that Autocad and Revit (even though I know they are very different programs) don't communicate better on a "basic line level".

Bjørn G

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
javiermend
in reply to: bjornhgr

Hello bjorn. I'm looking for an answer about what you have asked in this post. I'm trying to import 3d polylines into revit and it doesn't work as i expected. The plynines turn into a block and i can't find a solution to work with them. In my particular case i'd like to make walls along a road. As you know roads have variable curves in the Z and also are variable in plant (rasious, clothoids, etc). Obviously Autocad civil3D can draw an aproach of this geometries in polylines and that's what i want to import to revit.

Do you have any idea how revit works with polylines 3d?

Thank you very much for your collaboration.

Javier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report