Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey: Current Work Force

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
engr_mondo
501 Views, 4 Replies

Survey: Current Work Force

Hi I would like to know how other consulting-design drawing production team composition ratio using BIM/Revit platform involved in one medium rise building. For instance: ABC Company 1 Structural Engineer 2 Revit Modeler/Detailers XYX Company 2 Structural Engineers 1 Revit Modeler/Detailers
Regards,

Mondo
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: engr_mondo

Hi,

This totally depends on the complexity of the project, not only the size. However, you would definitely need more modelers than engineers. I would suggest 2 modelers for 1 engineer. The development is what consumes most time. However, in high rise structure, you will need not less than 3 modelers per engineer. This is so far what we've been doing, but I think that as the technicians get better, the numbers change.

Other input from other users is highly important and valuable as this is a hot debate in lots of (CAD to BIM) transition companies.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 5
engr_mondo
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks Ali! Can I have your personal email, for further and direct discussion?
Regards,

Mondo
Message 4 of 5
KSI_Thor
in reply to: engr_mondo

We currently have 4 Revit users and 10 engineers so we are slightly more than 2 engineers to each modeler.

Message 5 of 5
Leader_Mohamed
in reply to: AJA14

I agree with you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report