Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloped concrete beams/slab

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KSI_Thor
2486 Views, 4 Replies

Sloped concrete beams/slab

The ideal situation would be to place a flat slab with concrete beams (or steel beams). Then slope the slab and have the beams follow similar to the truss command. I have a case that has a roof with 8 different slopes. It's nearly immpossible to find the t/beam and slab elevation at any given column line intersection. The only way I have gotten it to work is to create a working plane along each roof slope and place the beams in each work plane. This worked OK......but as we all know......CHANGE HAPPENS! Each time the roof slope has changed, I have had to start from scratch each time.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
erik_snell
in reply to: KSI_Thor

Instead of creating a reference plane pick the bottom (or top) face of the slab as the work plane.

Tools > Work Plane > Set Work Plane...

This will host the beam by that face of the slab, so when the slope changes the beam move with the slab.

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Experience Design Architect
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
KSI_Thor

I was originally going to try that. I didn't know that would host the beams with the slab, but when I tried that, it would not let me selsect the top of slab for the work plane. I had to snap a line to the top of slab and select the line as plane. Does the depth of the view matter?
Message 4 of 5
erik_snell

Interesting. When I did it I got the top of the slab. What is your view direction in plan (up or down)? Try it in 3D and you can be sure which side you pick.

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Experience Design Architect
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
KSI_Thor

My view direction in plan is down, but I was trying to pick the slab from a section.
I'll try the 3d option next time.
Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report