Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloped Buildings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
josh
287 Views, 1 Reply

Sloped Buildings

Has anyone dealth with sloped buildings in any version of Revit. We are dealing with agricultural buildings which in some cases require the entire building to be sloped from footings to walls, roofs and structure. BTW, footings do not react well to sloped walls. I am trying to avoid adaptive modelling but I am wondering if it it the only way that this can be done.

Any help is greatly appreicated. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gguevarra
in reply to: josh

I have not, but walls and roofs can handle slopes no problem. Roof slopes by including the roof slope arrow when constructing the boundaries of the diaphragm. The tops and bottoms of walls can be attached to sloped reference planes, no problem. But as you are already aware of, the structural footings do not respond well when the bottom of the wall is sloped. It's a rough work around, and not knowing the extent of what you're modeling and how detailed you need it to be, but in a pinch I suppose you could always use the same reference planes used to slope the bottom of the wall to provide the slope for some concrete beams that represent the footings. Admittedly it's not the most "revitty" solution, but if you're pressed for time. The structural footings are out of the box families for Revit, so I'm not sure if you can tweak the family such that the top of the footings acknowledge the bottom of a sloped wall. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report