Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show beam and joist extensions in structural framing plan views

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DParkRMAK
1351 Views, 2 Replies

Show beam and joist extensions in structural framing plan views

I want to be able to show roof joist extensions in my roof framing plan but I can't seem to get them to show. I added lines in my joist family constrained to the extensions and they just don't show. Others in this office have always just drawn in lines manually to show extensions. There must be a way.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: DParkRMAK

To help troubleshoot this issue, would it possible to post one of the families your are working with?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 3
DParkRMAK
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

This is the case with all out of the box beams and bar joists etc. What I did was I constrained the symbolic line to the top chord extrusion and converted the symbolic line to a model line and it showed up in my roof framing plan. I added  a parameter to adjust the length of the line to make it show the way I wanted and set visibility settings so it only shows in plan.

Normally the extensions do'nt need to show but in this case I had a 4' extension beyond the beams to slose the roof at the ridge and other extensions to catch SIP panels.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report