Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting column size and snapping to top of wall. Please help this NOOB!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Bill_Chicago
383 Views, 1 Reply

Selecting column size and snapping to top of wall. Please help this NOOB!!

I have a simple 24' by 24' concrete wall on top of a foundation. I'm trying to add a W8 x 24 (12' long) steel beam to each corner.

I can't seem to snap to the center of each corner. Revit wants to snap to the bottom of the wall at the foundation level.

I also can't select any beam besides the W26 that is loaded as default. I've gone to "Load family" and tried to load the structural steel folder (my size is in there) but I'm given an error message.

I'd also like to add a connection between the base of the column and the top of the walll, so that when I load this into Structural Robot I can do an analisys on strenght properties of the structure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can upload info or provide any additional details. Thank You in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
awes
in reply to: Bill_Chicago

Welcome to the forum! I suggest that you take a look at revit help and 'set work plane'. Set the work plane to same level as top of wall. Try to insert your beam. If you do not find the right beam in your family library, try search www or then you have to create a new beam by copying an existing beam and modifying it. After these procedures you're ready to proceed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report