Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rvit Structure Suite 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ivtay
547 Views, 6 Replies

Rvit Structure Suite 2013

Hi!

Has anyone tried RST 2013? Is it wise to upgrade from 2012 to 2013 yet...? 

Am currently on 2012, and would like to know if there would be compatibiltity issues with consultants who are using lower versions?

Please advise.

Thank you!

ivy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: ivtay

yea

there is no backwards saving in revit

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
ivtay
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you Darren!

Message 4 of 7
lanl

Hi Itay,

Currently, you can't save Revit file to a lower version. And below is the new feature for Revit 2013, you can find the platform and Revit Structure 2013 new feature there. FYI.Smiley Happy

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00002-New_in_Revit_2013

Lei Lan
Message 5 of 7
ivtay

Hi Lei Lan,

Thank you!

ivy

Message 6 of 7
durentech

Don't pay Autodesk another dime for any upgrades to Revit Structure Suite...it's discontinued as of a couple of weeks ago. Check the product page which is under the alphabetical listings of all products. It states that Revit Structure Suite customers who are on subscription contracts will continue to receive product upgrades "when they become available". They are lying to us. I asked both my reseller and an Autodesk representative what I will receive when 2014 products are released and neither one can tell me...Autodesk doesn't know what, if anything I will be offered. Most likely what Autodesk will do is give current Revit Structure Suite customers an option to move into one of their new Building Design Suites with several programs that they have decided we will want and agree to pay for (but probably NEVER use) so they can get $1500/year for subscription renewals vs $750.

As another option, if you don't choose to be led down the path they'd prefer, will be to offer current Revit Structure Suite customers either a new license for Revit Structure or a new license for AutoCAD Structural Detailing but not both. How bad is that? Shame on you Autodesk...shame on you! You sell us your products only to discontinue them in an effort to squeeze more money out of us by selling us bundled software that we don't need.

Message 7 of 7
ivtay
in reply to: durentech

Hi Durentech,

Noted ...and thanks for sharing your views!

regards,

ivy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report