Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Stuctural Analysis (Object Meshing)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sgrya1
394 Views, 3 Replies

Robot Stuctural Analysis (Object Meshing)

Not sure where to put this because there is no forum for this Autodesk product.

We have just bought Robot Structural Analysis. Just a tad disapponted with the complete lack of support for what appears to be an increadibly powerful (but far from user friendly) program.

There is a downloadable pdf that gives at tutorial for two examples but that just seems to scratch the surface.

The help files are little useless and I can't find anything to help me on the internet. It seems like I am beta testing it when our client is expecting results.
No forum, no helpline.

In short, I have two simple "elements" that I would like meshed together. The program doesn't seem to understand that the elements are adjacent and possibly should be connected. Combining objects using the "or" operand results in a very overcomplicated mesh even for a simple example using a course mesh and a large element size.

I have tried opening a very simple 3d .dwg file containing a cube. It seems that this should automatically mesh the cube but get "Error opening file"

Does anyone (or Autodesk) have any tips? I get the feeling that this should be disabled for the time being.

Hoping I just don't know what I'm doing but there's no guidance for me anywhere on the subject.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I know how you feel. I purchased Robot a year ago and I am still struggling with it. I cannot get anything useful data out of it that I can trust. I feel I have wasted my money.
Dave
Message 3 of 4
johnygluebag
in reply to: sgrya1

My company is currently looking at this software. It seems to have potential, but as already stated the help files are not helpfull.

We currently have RISA 3D and access to STAAD. They work good but adding/meshing plate elements is cumbersome.

With Robot I am trying to figure out how to get 3D beams and plates in the same model...I think this is doable?

I have been living in Ansys for a couple years and the Robot interface/way of doing things has melted my brain 🙂

Does anyone know what Autodesk is going to do with Robot? Seems like there is potential to make this stuff really good. Edited by: johnygluebag on Jul 15, 2009 1:55 PM
Message 4 of 4
tony.ridley
in reply to: sgrya1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report