Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit reinforcement extension 2014 criteria

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
r.provence
1353 Views, 6 Replies

Revit reinforcement extension 2014 criteria

Hi everybody!

Im trying to use the Revit reinforcement extensions 2014 to model a beam that is made with the model in place feature. when i select the beam i get the folowing messag from revit extensions "the defined element is not supported by the Extension.". This made me wonder what criteria does the Revit extensions use to indentifie a element?

Does anyone know what settings i have to use to let the extension reconize a element?

Thanks in advance! 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dkwolek
in reply to: r.provence

Hi

Can you provide more details please – are you using specific element geometry? 

Regards

Dariusz Kwolek
Structural Product Manager
AEC Solutions
Message 3 of 7

Dariusz, i believe they created an element using the Structure Tab>Component drop Down>Model In Place tool. r.provence, not using that extension, i can only hypothesize that it only works with actual beams, in which case take the profile you used and modify an appropriate beam family with that profile.
Message 4 of 7
r.provence
in reply to: dkwolek

Here is some extra info this is my model. everything is modeld in place 

Message 5 of 7
dkwolek
in reply to: r.provence

Hi

The Beam Reinforcement Extension is working ONLY on family Structural Framing instances and material set as Concrete or Precast Concrete.

That is basics assumption that is checked while lunching module. 

Regards

Dariusz Kwolek
Structural Product Manager
AEC Solutions
Message 6 of 7
tdaniel
in reply to: dkwolek

I have my custom family set to Structural Framing, the Structural Material set to Precast Concrete and i still get the same error.  Are there any additional or specific parameters that the 2015 version looks for?

Message 7 of 7
renanrr3
in reply to: tdaniel

It has been a while since this post was created but I am having a similar problem.

How can I be sure that a family that I have modeled will be identified by the Revit Reinforcement Extension? I am using the 2016 version.

My situation is that I modeled a structural foundation family, with some parameters for controlling some base geometry, but I can't manage to make the extensions identify it. I checked the material assignments as suggested above and they are as instructed.

I am in the process of modeling it from the zero again, but I would like to know what is important to assure the extensions will identify it. Do I have to use any particular parameter name for geometry, so the extension can read it when accessing the family? I am starting to think that this is the problem, since I created new shared parameters for geometry control and did not use any system parameter that came with the Revit strutrual foundation template.

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report