Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit deletes dimensions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
KyleR13
555 Views, 5 Replies

Revit deletes dimensions

I have been having this problem with 2013 where I edit a wall and after making the changes I get the warning message requiring to delete the dimension associated with that wall, whether the changes affected the dimensions or not.  I have gone as far as trying it with the disjoin box checked and unchecked with the exact same result each time. The most frustrating part about it is that the changes that I've been making should have no affect on the dimension. This has happened with 2 different changes. The 1st was changing a wall thickness from 8" to 7" with either the interior or exterior face remaining in the same location prior to the change has caused me to lose wall length dimensions and any dimensions that may locate any openings that pass thru the wall. I've also created some beam pockets in the walls for beams that are continuous thru the wall only to not have the void extrusion stop cutting thru the wall, so that when I go into the assembly and edit the void extrusion so that it cuts the entire wall, I end up losing the dimensions that located the pocket along the wall.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why this is happening?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
subhra_civil
in reply to: KyleR13

Hi,

Can you send me your file or screen shot so that i can understand exacly what is your problem?

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 3 of 6
KyleR13
in reply to: subhra_civil

Here is a screen shot of just 1 of the areas of concern.

Message 4 of 6
subhra_civil
in reply to: KyleR13

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have studied on your problem thru PDF file. But i have not faced any such problem at my end. can you please send your revit file. may be there are some internal problem. let me see in your revit file.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 5 of 6
DParkRMAK
in reply to: subhra_civil

I thought this was just a fact of life with Revit. You mean editing a wall  is not supposed to drop dims attached to it? It has always done this for me.

Message 6 of 6
subhra_civil
in reply to: DParkRMAK

Hi,

Yes. I have not faced any problem with dimension which is attached with wall. I dont know what was happened with you. If possible then please send me your revit file so that i can check it.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report