Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Structure or ASD for rebar detailing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
bge.common
2987 Views, 10 Replies

Revit Structure or ASD for rebar detailing

Is Anyone using Revit Structure or ASD for rebar detailing. I'm trying to figure out if it would be a good upgrade compared to RebarCAD or ASA.

Thanks,

Brian

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
engr_mondo
in reply to: bge.common

To add, please provide links to User's success stories from Autodesk marketing team and consultancy/training they can provide to user of Revit Structure only (NOT Robot).
Regards,

Mondo
Message 3 of 11
abbakeer
in reply to: engr_mondo

Hi

I do not use CADS RC (I saw a demo last year). And I can say that ASD is the best one (except some errors I explained in the forum). You can do any design by ASD. Now they are improving its 3d. I think that the next versions of ASD will put this software on the top of shop drawing maker. If you are an expert in using CADS RC, it is good, but it is better if you study ASD. It is very fast in slabs. Only one thing about ASD, if 3d bars are to be done, it will need you to add some extra information/annotations manually (using the normal AutoCAD commands). I hope that will help you. Send me your files in ASD format only.

Regards,

Abbakeer

Message 4 of 11
bge.common
in reply to: abbakeer

We are probably going to go with both and re-evaluate in a year or so. We are a rebar detailing firm only so my concern is that ASD is not just rebar specific. Cads RC is a tried method that I know will work from drafting all the way through to fabrication with the fabrication software and bend types that our clients use. Autodesk has given me an option to develop a converter to create the files though. I don't know the cost for the ad-on yet. Do you have any recomendations for training with ASD?

Brian

Message 5 of 11
abbakeer

This one for old version but you can get the ideas easily.

http://www.robotoffice.com/asd/

Also read (and apply) the ASD available manual and examples books from Autodesk web site.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=13111928

Please note that it is important to see my posts regarding the deferent versions of ASD to complete your evaluation.

Regards,

Abbakeer

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 11

I was using RGS REBAR for detailing US & UK code. I hope this would be the best for Rebar Detailing for US , UK , Indian & Canadian Code. Its also available in  their website for free for one month(Full version). It has many user friendly tools and options for an effective and high Productions. They are also coming out with 3D software (BIM). 

Regards,

Senthil 

Civil Engineer

Message 7 of 11
haydenwse
in reply to: senthil.civilEr

Does ASD support English dimensions.  The last time I experimented with it, it would only work in metric.  Not much help for us in the US.

Message 8 of 11
bge.common
in reply to: haydenwse

The new version does come with feet & inches. I had the same problem with the 09 version so I gave up until now. I have been trying it out in my spare time and it's very impressive. The only problem is it is made for such a large group of people. You will have to get a lot of things set up for your company or specific trade standards. For example I am a rebar detailer in Houston, TX. We follow the CRSI & ACI codes. When you use a #7 bar and ASD creates a 90 degree hook it makes it 1'-6". It should be 1'-2". This is something that I can change but if I woudn't have noticed I would have had a mistake. If you do start to use it please let me know what you think.

Brian

Message 9 of 11
haydenwse

That is good to hear.  I was looking at the demo videos linked to earlier in this thread and they look promising.  Does it also work for walls?  I didn't see a demo for that application.

Message 10 of 11
haydenwse
in reply to: haydenwse

I have opened up ASD and the help screen shows how to change the units but when I try it, there is no metric/imperial option.  I have ASD 2012 version F.51.0.0.  Is this what you have.  How do you change it to imperial?

Message 11 of 11
sajan80

s

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report