Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Structure 2011 - Analytical Model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
simpson.john
676 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Structure 2011 - Analytical Model

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with my Analytical model. The problem is occurring with my beams and floor slab. In some instances the analytical model for the beam is on the top flange of the beam, in others it has jumped to the top of the slab.

I can not see any differences between the beams and floor slabs I have used in each case, and can’t find a way to move the line of the analytical model. Even if I delete the slab, the analytical model does not moved back down.

This is mainly causing me a problem when exporting to Fastrack – as it is registering the beams at different levels.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If the beams' vertical projection are set to "auto detect" and the slab analytical model is within the auto-detect tolerance, they will adjust to the slab height.  This can be set in your template or at element creation time. Some could also be set to project to the level ("default" on creation).

After the fact, you can select all the beams on the level and change the projection property to either "top of element" (if they are all the same) or to the level.

After that, if your analysis cares about the slab, you can change the projection to the bottom of the slab (which should be the top of the steel) or you can also project the slab to the level.

That should go a long way toward making your Analytical model more connected.

Joe

Message 3 of 4

That worked perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help.

Message 4 of 4
DanQuang90
in reply to: simpson.john

I can't find " analytical model" in project browser, please show me how to assign a analytical model! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report