Revit Structure

Active Contributor
soumen.r
Message 1 of 2 (366 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit STructure vs ASD

366 Views, 1 Replies
01-28-2013 03:47 AM

We are doing steel structural detailing. Now we are planning to move into 3D platform. We are now using AutoCAD Mechanical & plain AutoCAD for our drawings. We are not in manufacturing industry. We do not use Inventor. But we are confused between Revit Structure & AutoCAD Structural Detailing. Which software between that two, will be better for us? Why?

SRoy
Valued Mentor
AJA14
Message 2 of 2 (320 Views)

Revit Structure vs ASD

02-03-2013 09:23 AM in reply to: soumen.r

Hi. If your aim is steel detailing, then ASD would be the right choice. I would use Revit for modeling the structural steel framing elements, export to ASD or TEKLA, perform structural detailing, Export back to Revit, and you're done. 

However, there is an addin for REVIT called SDS/2 CONNECT which does steel connections in Revit. You could download it for a 30 day free trial. I have not given it a full investigation but it looks promising. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. 

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube