Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for HELP , Coordination and Sync of a project ,

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hamed1357
346 Views, 1 Reply

Request for HELP , Coordination and Sync of a project ,

I appreciate if anyone can help me with the problem that I am facing 

We are a structure design company which designs slabs, so it is a normal practice for us to change slab thicknesses and properties of slab. Currently I am working on a project designed using BIM . we are working as a subcontractor for some structural firm.

They requirement is to modify Revit file to reflect our design.

Building has 6 levels and they are currently updating the original model on level 3 , meaning that the Revit model is yet to be complete.

What would be the recommended work flow for such situation?  I can not find out what would be the best practice to overcome sync problem?

I was thinking to link their model into a newly created model and start doing what is required in that way 

or

Ask them to set up an editable workset for us 

I really appreciate any advice 

Regards

Alex

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Have you looked into using Copy/Monitor?  I'd suggest doing this:

1) Either start a new model from scratch and create your floor thickness and geometry, then have the SE copy/monitor your model into theirs.  They can still tag the floor, but any changes you make to the outline or thickness would then get updated in their model via a "Coordination Review".

2) Alternatively, you can start a blank model and copy/monitor their floors in to help you get started.  Once copied, you can "stop monitoring" so that you are able to modify the floor at will without getting error messages related to the monitored object changing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report