Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Library is not installed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eurobass
668 Views, 3 Replies

Rendering Library is not installed

I downloaded a trail version of Revit Structure 2009 and I am going through the in depth tutorial to decide whether or not to purchase it.

I've reach the part in the tutorial which requires the Rendering Dialog which is located under the rendering tab on the left bar. For me, this bar is greyed out

Something i just noticed today is that when i start Revit, i get a notification which states "The rendering library is not installed. Rendering features will be disabled."

Is this supposed to be missing? Is there a way to install these rendering libraries?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: eurobass

You do not need the rendering library installed if you don't plan on rendering. (I suspect most Revit Structure users don't care much about rendering.)

Installing Rendering is an option in Revit Structure, when you install, make sure you check the right box in the installer.

If it's not installed, you need to re-install Revit.
If you're not going to render, just check the "don't show me this again" box in the warning dialog.

Joe
Message 3 of 4
ddesmidt

I had the same situation - Do you need to uninstall and re-install the whole program or can you reload only the rendering library?

Why would you not need rendering in structural drafting?
Message 4 of 4
davidfox6640

Hi
Do you need to completely reinstall?

I didn't see an option to (de)select it. Where is it?
I thought it might be in the install Tools & Utilities, but it's not.

There appears to be no option to reconfigure from the Setup dialog. The options are greyed out.

I disagree that structures won't want to render. We still need to produce 'pretty' presentations.

Cheers
Dave F.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report