Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove beam cutback

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andrius0
2801 Views, 2 Replies

Remove beam cutback

Hi,

I'm having trouble with beams cutting back by almost the whole length. In the coarse model everything seems fine as well as in analythical model, but in medium or fine modes the beam disappears (please see attached pictures).  I'd rather it wouldn' cut back at all so I've tried to edit beam family as shown here, but that didn't have any effect at all (maybe it's because TRON sections I'm using are set up by extrusion, not by sweep). Is there any other way to turn cutting back off or control it manually?

I would really appreciate your help

shaded.jpgcoarse.jpg

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kirbybeegles4894
in reply to: andrius0

Did you try hitting the beam/column joins tool under the modify tab?  When you do, some little blue arrows should show up and you can click those to modify which beams extend or are cut back.  There are definitely some limitations, but it might be a good starting point.

Message 3 of 3
andrius0
in reply to: kirbybeegles4894

Yes, I've tried that. Unfortunately it makes things even worse, the beam disappears altogether. I've actually found a solution, apparently you have to modify your beam family this way:

solution.jpg

This removes cutback so the connections doesn't look that clean, but it's better than missing beams.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report