Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Plane & Move

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
TrevN
466 Views, 4 Replies

Reference Plane & Move

So,

Because the stair macro doesn't give me what I want I am modelling some stairs from scratch!

The problem I've got is that there are elements that are on a reference plane at an angle and at a later stage I may want to move the finished stair. If I try and move the stair horizontally, these elements that are at an angle wont move along that horizontal plane!

Is there a way so everything moves in the same plane?

I've tried to group them and make them an assembly.

Any ideas how or if this is possible?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: TrevN

Would you be able to isolate the Stair and save as a separate Project and post it here?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
TrevN
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Here!

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: TrevN

Hmmm... pretty complex (nice, though!). In the "Model - Section of South Stair Elevation", I first turned off the Crop Region, the Sections, and Levels. I went to and selected everything in "Model - 3D" View and then navigated back to the "Model - Section of South Stair Elevation" View and added everything to the current selection (holding CTRL and selecting everything). I then moved the entire thing with "Constrain" disabled and "Disjoin" enabled and received an "Elements will be deleted" error, and the elements listed are all Stair Paths. Not certain of what damage was caused, exactly.

Would it be a valid option to separate the Stair as a separate Model and link it into your primary Model?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
TrevN
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Any option valid!

Only been using Revit for two weeks so still getting to grips with it.

Will give it a go!

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report