Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar Clutter Control

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ArthurMacLeod5818
317 Views, 2 Replies

Rebar Clutter Control

Before computers, structural detailing used reinforcing steel graphics to economic advantage. A single line annotated with the specified type and spacing along with spacing and leaders to indicate the scope of the range were sufficient to communicate the intended reinforcing. Now comes Revit. We draw the same graphic and we get a display of each rebar. The result is clutter. The problem is whole fields of rebar obscures the rapid reading of localized instances of other odd rebar details.

My wish is for Autodesk to add the ability to toggle on and off the display of each bar which is defined with spacing. Having the ability to just show the one instance that was drawn would help. Sure, you can still embed the BIM data so that counting can be made. It's simply a display of clutter problem. I'm sure some detailers doing shop drawings may prefer to see all the bars, but on contract design drawings the clutter can be overwhelming.

Arthur

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
5kings
in reply to: ArthurMacLeod5818

So true. Tools used in ASD are very welcome. First  priority is to create decent workshop drawings. 2nd  creating the actual rebar cages in 3D. 

Regards, Jordi

Message 3 of 3
lanl
in reply to: ArthurMacLeod5818

Hi ArthurMacLeod5818,

Thanks a lot for the feedback of the software. I would encourage you that report such wish list here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794 

You can use the form in the link to tell us what you think about our products, their features, and any improvements you would like to see. Then related people will read all the feedback recieved and take what our customers have to say very seriously.

Thanks.

Lei Lan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report