Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RST 2013 Display Anomaly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
david.byrnes
408 Views, 5 Replies

RST 2013 Display Anomaly

I have a model of a structure within a structure that displays properly in Revit 2012 but does not display properly in Revit 2013. See the attached PNG.

The inner structure is set to have transparent walls so the equipment inside it can be viewed. In RST 2013, the transparent inner walls show on top of the solid outer walls, as if the outer walls as well as the tanks were transparent. In RST 2012, the display is correct - you can just see a bit of transparent wall through the opening in the solid wall.

Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DParkRMAK
in reply to: david.byrnes

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. I think this revit city thread might be talking about the same thing.

http://www.revitcity.com/forums.php?action=viewthread&thread_id=28867

Any transparent surface shows up through any surfaces in front of them UNLESS you have ambient shadows turned on.

Does the problem still occur when you turn on ambient shadows?

Message 3 of 6
david.byrnes
in reply to: DParkRMAK

Thanks - using a Quadro 2000 and the driver is newer than the certified one. Toggling Hardware acceleration (per the Revitcity topic) has no effect. Turning on shadows, and then turning them off again fixes the problem. Curious that it's an issue in 2013 and not 2012...

Message 4 of 6
DParkRMAK
in reply to: david.byrnes

You might try rolling back the driver to the certified one. I have had issues with using the latest drivers with my quadro card.

Message 5 of 6

This certainly sounds like the problem described here, which should be fixed by a display driver update:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/04/glazing-appears-through-walls-in-revit-2013.html

Are you getting your drivers direct from the nVidiasite or from Windows Update?

I would go with the driver from the nVidia site, they seem to take a while to get over to the Microsoft (Windows) listing.

Joe

Message 6 of 6

Thanks - downloading from nvidia's site now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report