Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RST 2012 and RST 2013 on same computer

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kevms
475 Views, 4 Replies

RST 2012 and RST 2013 on same computer

Hello All

My employer has two different clients running two different versions of Revit, one in 2012 and one and 2013.

I have asked to have Revit structure 2013 to be installed on my computer.

My problem is that I am the only one in the office that works with the revit software, and I am have not recieved a response back. I am taking a proactive approach and doing some inquiring.

Here are a couple of questions:

1. Would there be a licensing issued of having both Revit Structure 2012 and Revit 2013 on the same computer?

2. If both versions are installed, does the the previous version need to be uninstalled?

Can someone help me out with this.

Kevin

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MikeMaloney
in reply to: kevms

Hi Kevin,

to answer your questions.......

1.  If both of the installs are legal and legitimately licences by your owner, then the answer is no......there would b eno problems with both.......

2.  No, Version 2012 DOES NOT need ot be uninstalled in order for 13 to work................I WOULD HOWEVER CAUTION YOU.........becareful in working with 2 versions at the same time on the same project...............once a project is promoted to 2013, you can not use it again in 2012.......it is not backwards compatible.

Mike

Mike Maloney
BIM Design Automation Coordinator
CH2M Hill
Message 3 of 5
Chris.Aquino

You will also have to request a serial number for the 2012 version. The following page has information on doing this:

How to request a license to use a previous release of Autodesk software
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=GS17292981

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 4 of 5
gguevarra

Chris, I have a question in regards to your reply... I've had multiple versions on  my computer before, but I've never had to "request a license to use a previous release." Could you clarify as to why this needs to be done? Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
kevms
in reply to: gguevarra

I have multiple versions of Autocad on my computer, I do not know if the procedure has changed but I have not ever had to request a new licence to use a previous release. the only way I can see that you need a new license if you are reinstalling it I don't know if I have that right.

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report