Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Producing REINFORCEMENT using REVIT STRUCTURE 2014 or ASD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gavin977
574 Views, 1 Reply

Producing REINFORCEMENT using REVIT STRUCTURE 2014 or ASD

Hi,

I am currently using 2D CAD but am looking into software available to quicken up the detailing process and also with BIM in mind.

I've seen the huge benefits and am looking to start using REVIT Structure 2014 or ASD for bridges/ structures steel reinforcement, but am confused as I have noticed there are 2 maybe 3 choices to do this.

a) REVIT 2014 Rebar Function, what capabilities does this have compared to ASD?

or b) REVIT 2014, launch ASD through Extensions Tab in ribbon, I think whatever is created in ASD is fed back into REVIT for take off information?

or c) ASD can be launched on it's own to draw and produce both GA and steel reinforcement drawings independantly.

Which is the best or correct way. Easier to draw up in REVIT and export to ASD. Or draw up in 2D in ASD or import 2D from AutoCAD.

am I right in thinking ASD won't generate quanitities of concrete required and just rebar?

I've had a play with ASD and using formwork it draws up your GA's with dimensions. So in effect it can create both your GA and Reinforcement drawings.

If drawings are created in ASD then I presume they can be linked back into REVIT or is it best to generate the outlines in REVIT first?

Any advice or help would be appreciated, thanks.

Gavin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alb01
in reply to: gavin977

Gavin,

I haven't used ASD that much to detail steelwork but I have found the reinforcement detailing capabilities of Revit a bit limited. If you are looking to produce reinforcement schedules you would be better off using a bespoke platform like Cads RC. This software is developed specifically for the job and would give better results. I have used revit with the inclusion of the reinforcement into the members and it is a great help in determining the member requirments and in helping to visulise what is going on. But i would definatly stick to the bespoke software at present.

It may also be useful to bear in mind that revit is not BIM, its just one of the tools that can be used in the BIM process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report