Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing to single pdf file...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bjur
670 Views, 3 Replies

Printing to single pdf file...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

I've been using revit for at least 10 years now and this issue might just make me go postal.  It's been in every version I can remember.  For most projects, I like to have a PDF set of drawings made along with the paper versions.  When printing to file, revit give us the option to:

1. Combine multiple selected views / sheets into a single file

2. Create seperate files....

Many times, usually when I'm on a major deadline, Revit will print to file each drawing to it's own seperate file, even with the "Combine" check box selected.  Once you started the printing, you have to hit cancel for each sheet.  As my projects get bigger (more sheets), the more times I have to hit "Cancel" when Revit thinks that even though I told it to print to a single file, that "No you actually wanted to print the 124 sheets to their own seperate files".

It doesn't matter what PDF printer I use.  Acrobat, cutepdf, PDFcreator...etc.  Same problem.  I used to click the "Combine into multiple files" button 3 times before letting it print.  This seamed to work OK for a while, but now it's hit or miss.  Seams like the print dialoge user interface is not reading the value of that selection correctly.  If anyone knows how to finaly solve this issue, I'd be gratefull...and I won't need to go postal afterall.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bjur

I have found that this is caused if the last place that the user clicked was in the Project Browser or if the current View is non-printable (i.e. a Schedule View). Prior to printing, be sure that you open any printable View and click anywhere inside that View to make it the 'active window'. Following this procedure, I have never had this problem again!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
bjur
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks I'll give it a shot.  I'll reply back once I've tried it for a while.

Message 4 of 4
DParkRMAK
in reply to: bjur

I used to have this problem with Revit arch but it hasn't happened to me with RST. I used to use PDF-redirect for printing and binding many sheets and it is very reliable and easy to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report