Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prefabricated slabs and beams (model included, looking for feedback)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mariomelendez
357 Views, 1 Reply

Prefabricated slabs and beams (model included, looking for feedback)

Hello,

Looking for feedback on a model I did a couple days ago.I was looking into modulating prefabricated flooring systems, and I decided to model the prefab beams and floor slabs. The resulting attached model was the result.

What I did was simply model both things as beams. Then I offset and extend each element to make them fit together. Finally I put a slab on top of the whole thing, representing the final cast in place layer. And if I really want to go into details, I join the slabs to the columns and the cast in place slab to the precast slabs to get the precise assembly shapes, but IMHO this final step is pretty much overkill and a pain, since it takes a whole lot of work and I have to take the holes out of my slabs to keep them from being filled when joining.

So my question is, is this the best way to model these systems (using beam elements), or is there an easier way?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Seems I've found the first pitfall of using beams for this: the slabs autoextend and join. If my slabs come in fixed lengths, autoextending is not an option. Is there any way to keep these precast floors from extending? In other words, to tell the floor unit that it's 4 meters long, and its length is fixed, and can't be extended?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report