Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precast columns

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Subje
665 Views, 3 Replies

Precast columns

So i m makings drawings for precast columns, we did this before with autocad, and a lot of homemade lisp that make work efficent,

i m familiar with the architecture side of revit but never did structure. i now have followed 5 days lessons in structure, but i m not sure how to draw those precast, 

the conditions are:

they have to be for the fabric who made them

the have to have the same layout

i need volume, mass, column name, type column, every piece inside the column, 

i m that far i made a viewtemplate for the front/left, etc...

i made the half of a sheet, but i m stuck on that. 

anyone knows some fast work arounds cause how i now see it, autocad goes a lot faster.

__________________________________________________________________________________
There isn't anything you can't to do if you keep believing.

Met vriendelijk groeten, With best regards,
Sincères salutations,

Dieter Bevernage
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
subhra_civil
in reply to: Subje

Hi,

You go to the column option. Select column>go to properties>edit type>load precast column. You will get different types of column type not only precast. After that place that type of column in the floor plan. After place a column you can change the column name, column type also by duplicate naming. You can also give the column material as per your requirement.

For extract column volume you have to go to Schedule/Quantity option.

I dont understand what do you mean by "every piece inside the column". Please clear it.

Regards,

Subhradeep Sen

India

Kolkata 

Message 3 of 4
Subje
in reply to: subhra_civil

well now you"re talking about the architecture side of the columns, to transport it you need ancras, if some bars goes from one column to a upper column you need to put couplers in. etc... the meaning was to set this in a assembly, and then take the views from that element and his pieces in one view and put some labels and annotations on it. i know how to draw in revit, but i m not sure if i m using the correct methode for getting the full output
__________________________________________________________________________________
There isn't anything you can't to do if you keep believing.

Met vriendelijk groeten, With best regards,
Sincères salutations,

Dieter Bevernage
Message 4 of 4
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: Subje

The Assemblies functionality is probably the best think for you in this use case.  You can add the columns, as well as any reinforcing, embeds, connectors, corbels (if you want to model them seperately) as 

If you are a programmer (or have one in your company) creating an API plug-in to automate some of the drawing creation could be helpful for you.  There is a separate  API discussion group, located here if you have questions:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-API/bd-p/160

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report