Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pier and Base Plate Plan details

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kevms
986 Views, 2 Replies

Pier and Base Plate Plan details

I was wondering how I would go about creating some pier and base plate plan details as shown in the attached pdf. What I want to do is be able to model the reinforcing in the pier and then create a plan detail for it. And if the pier is updated, then the plan detail would be updated. I don't care about moving text and leader lines around as long as the model is done. I want to the same for columns. I was to be able to define a column base plate, "attached it" to column and create a plan detail. again I am new to revit, the simplier the steps the better. Thanks in advance Kevin

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kirbybeegles4894
in reply to: kevms

My experience has been that most people want to create a drafting view and detail these with 2-dimensional lines, especially since it's often the case that you use the same detail for many locations throughout the model.

However, if you do want your details to be as "live" as possible, the best way would be to build this information into your family, either by modeling the base plates and holes, or by creating symbolic lines that show up whenever you cut the column.  You could set the visibility of these lines to only appear in "fine" detail levels so that they don't show up on your foundation plan.  Another option would be to model the base plates, but in the project environment instead.  

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kirbybeegles4894

Use "Legend Component" for the Piers then Detail Lines for Base Plates or as discussed in previous post. Goodluck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report