Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Revit Project from Coud

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dan.fisher
961 Views, 4 Replies

Open Revit Project from Coud

I am wanting to place Revit project files in the cloud using Autodesk 360.  I have placed a test Revit 2014 file in the cloud with Autodesk 360 and have marked the file access to be shared and public.  When I try to open the project file with Revit 2014, Revit shows Autodesk 360 as a source in the open dialog browser but will not show any files within that source. 

I note that AutoCad 2014 has on "Open from Cloud" option on it's open files dialog.  That option does look into the Autodesk 360 folder structure and would open files as I am trying to do with Revit.

So, how do you open Revit 2014 project files placed in the cloud?

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
erik_snell
in reply to: dan.fisher

Revit is not directly compatible with this version of Autodesk 360. For AutoCAD to work correctly with the cloud service additional software is added during install. To access your files you will need to find the hidden cache folder ( I cannot remember the location right now ). I would not suggest using folders like these or like Dropbox, because Revit does not control the folder or the synchronization. Things could get a little haywire. Also never allow multiple users to access the file at the same time. This can be much more dangerous. I would recommend sticking with Revit Server.

Cheers.

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Experience Design Architect
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
gregamhale
in reply to: dan.fisher

For the past 2 or 3 years Autodesk has used Autodesk 360 along with Revit hosted in the cloud as part of the beta testing process. This connection allows you to work on files within your Autdesk 360 account in a hosted Revit environment.  There is not currently the ability to connect a non-hosted Revit installation with Revit files on Adsk 360.  I imagine this could be a possibility in the future, but it's not there yet.

If you are looking for live sharing of Revit models with other users, then you are best off with Revit Server or one of the other Revit file hosting services like CSG BIM Cloud, or other advanced options such as Advance 2000 or Panzura.

Message 4 of 5
jefferyjensen
in reply to: gregamhale

How do you save from Revit into A360 Drive? Currently, I have to manually upload my .rvt files to Autodesk 360 drive, which is the same way if using Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive, so no benefit using 360.

Message 5 of 5
erik_snell
in reply to: jefferyjensen

You may want to check out this Open House https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/default.html?callid=D73ADE09C2C94E43B2DB66428E80BE26

This is a look at Revit really using the power of cloud. To save an RVT to Autodesk 360 your doing it correctly. The benifit comes from the additional services.

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Experience Design Architect
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report