Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Time Upgrade, structural families

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cassidyrosen_30
642 Views, 3 Replies

One Time Upgrade, structural families

Any time I open up an architectural file I received this message about a "one time upgrade process." I assumed it would only happen once when opening the project, but anytime I open up the same project I receive the same message. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this "one time" upgrade process? Also I have been experiences problems viewing/loading all of my structural families into any given project. When I go to link an architectural file to a structural file and begin drawing the structural file I receive a message that I don't have any structural families loaded. If anyone has any insight as to why I might not be able to view my structural families (ie: beams, columns etc) I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gguevarra
in reply to: cassidyrosen_30

Have you checked with your Architect to see what version of Revit they are using for their model? It seems like they are using an older version than your are. If this is the case, this will become a problem when you send them your model as Revit is not backwards compatible. To avoid getting that message, when you open their model and upgrade it, if you save their model, it'll save it as the same version you are working with. Subsequent attempts to open the model should no longer bring up that warning. The warning message that pops up even states that "once it's saved" you should no longer get that message.

As for the families, I'm not sure why you're getting that warning. Theoretically, if you are starting with your structural template file that has all the families loaded, and then link in the Arch model, your families should all remain.

Message 3 of 4
cassidyrosen_30
in reply to: gguevarra

Thank you for the assistance. I verified that we have both have the 2012 version of either structural or architectural. However I'm not sure if there is something worng with my revit structural version because none of my families are loaded into the project. When I am asked to load a family into my project I select yes and the program folder for my revit program opens and I still don't have any structural framing families loaded. Do you have any suggestions as to why my revit structural doesn't have any families loaded?

Message 4 of 4
gguevarra
in reply to: cassidyrosen_30

Your default family folder browser is probably set up to open that folder for some reason. I'm not sure where your office keeps your families, but you can establish the default folder to open by opening up the big Revit Options dialog box, and clicking on the Places button under File Locations. One thing you have to make sure you do is make sure you push that browser path to be the top line item. But like I said, you'll have to figure out within your office where the folder(s) is that houses all of your Revit out of the box families. I'm still a little confused about why you would be getting the Upgrade warning if both models are of the same version. Theoretically all elements that are being utilized within those models would be upgraded to the most current version also. Sorry, I'm out of ideas on that one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report