Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northing and Easting coordinates

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
DParkRMAK
5040 Views, 1 Reply

Northing and Easting coordinates

Hi, I have a question about coordinates and project location. I want to set up the coordinate system in a project with linked Arch and MEP files loaded. I  have the Exitech tools for creating the x,y parameters and have been able to make that work on a trial run but in the process of defining a coordinate in the project the project base point gets moved so the linked files are not where they are supposed to be. The coordinates for the local drawing are correct but the linked files are no longer lined up.

What do I need to do to redefine the coordinates so the linked files don't move? Do I need to have the arch and MEP redefine their coordinates? I am told that have to work with what they have shared but I don't think they have any reason for their project origin as it doesn't line up with anything. The site location has been set and the project North has been rotated so the building is square in a view.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DParkRMAK
in reply to: DParkRMAK

After a few trial runs I figured out what I needed to do.

The problem I was having was when ever I tried to set the coordinates for a specific point the linked Revit models change location. Since there were no shared coordinates in use I simply removed all the links from our structural model first. In a separate view I set the orientation to true North and set my length units to decimal feet and to 4 decimal places.

I defined the coordinates for one of the piles that the surveyor had defined. The excitech plugin added the parameters to my structural columns.

Since everyone links the project files by Origin to Origin when I re-link the Arch and MEP revit files into my structural file they are in the correct place.

I am not sure if there is a way to set up the coordinates without relinking the other files but this was easy enough.

This is mainly for my own reference but maybe this post can help someone who has the same questions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report