Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving project from Revit 2011 to Revit 2012 verticals?.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bcpratt
338 Views, 2 Replies

Moving project from Revit 2011 to Revit 2012 verticals?.

Has anyone done this yet and if so, what has your experience been?  Would you advise to leave a project in the version it was started in, or to move to the current version to take advantage of new functionality?  I had some hiccups with AutoCAD MEP when moving a project forward from one release to another and am wondering if something similar would happen in Revit world.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lzaras1
in reply to: bcpratt

Is the rest of your team also moving to 2012?  How about the Architects and consultants?  If not, you'll need to keep your project(s) in 2011 until everyone else is ready to upgrade.

I've upgraded projects from RST2009 to RST2010, and RST2010 to RST2011 without issue.  I have not tried to 2012, yet.  I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's not really a "move" from RST version to the next.  Really, it's as simple as opening your newest version of RST, then opening the (older version) model you wish to upgrade.  If there are any issues during the upgrade, you're likely to see some messages regarding the issues.

In the past, when upgrading, I have heard of others having an issue with a family or two, but I believe they were able to figure out which families were troublesome and were able to get everything to work out fine.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 3
bcpratt
in reply to: lzaras1

All disciplines are in-house and the whole team would be making the move.  Thanks for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report