Revit Structure

bteskey
Message 1 of 3 (180 Views)
Accepted Solution

Metric Project Units

180 Views, 2 Replies
10-31-2012 03:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

In our metric projects we dimension and annotate using millimeters.  On an elevation view we use meters as to show the elevation.  I was thinking we could add some type of function in the elevation label family to divide by 1000 but I'm not sure how I would control the number of digits after the decimal.  I apologize in advance, I broke the cardinal rule I posted on here before I exhausted my own trials.  I was just hoping I may have overlooked something and this is a common case.

Thanks,

Brad

Valued Mentor
AJA14
Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

Re: Metric Project Units

10-31-2012 10:18 PM in reply to: bteskey

Hi there. What you need to do is duplicate the dimension and create a new type, then edit type, in the text properties click on unit format, clear the checkbox for use project settings, and change the unit to meters instead of millimeters. This does the trick. Remember to create a new type first or all the dimensions of that type will change to displaying dimensions in meters.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Active Contributor
5kings
Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)

Re: Metric Project Units

11-01-2012 02:08 AM in reply to: bteskey

Hi,

For level annotions (level heights) see attchments. Just follow the 2 steps.

Jordi

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube