Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock the calculation model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andrea_pontiggia
315 Views, 3 Replies

Lock the calculation model

I have to make some small changes to the geometry of the structure, but I would not change the calculation model, how can I do?

Andrea
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I'm afraid I'll need a little more information. Please respond to the following:

I'm assuming you are using Revit Structure and what to edit the model in some what, but you do not want to change the calculation model (I'm assuming you mean analysis model). Since one is inherently attached to the other the analytical model will update with any changes to the model. Please respond to the above and the below.

1. What Product and Version (year) are you working in?

2. What do you mean by small change to the geometry?

3. Is this file on Revit Server?

4. Is this a worksharing file?

Thank you,

Message 3 of 4

Using Revit 2013.
For "small changes" I mean for example when drawing the bracing of "X", they are drawn in the same plane and also the analytical model is drawn on the same floor. In the drawing, however, the bars of the brace will have to be moved in different planes, but in the model will have to stay on the same plane. I hope I have explained.
It is not a file Revit Server.

Andrea
Message 4 of 4

Please provide a video (Jing is free) and shown the entire screen. Repilcate the issue, move slowly and explain your moves.P ost the vidoe on a Dropbox site or other means of sharing and send me the link.

Thank you, 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report