Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking AutoCAD - Polyline thickness and type

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
alexbell7294
3191 Views, 6 Replies

Linking AutoCAD - Polyline thickness and type

I'm trying to link an AutoCAD file containing polylines with a width thickness and with broken linetypes. 

Although the colour is retained, all other linework properties appear to be lost. Please can someone advise the correct procedure to maintain linetype scale in Revit, and is there a way to maintain a polyline width setting?

Thanks 

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: alexbell7294

I would say place the Polylines of similar width/Linetypes on their own AutoCAD Layer so you can assign a Thickness and Line Pattern to that specific Layer under Object Styles » Imported Objects tab.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7

Polyline widths are not recognized by Revit. What i've had to do (particularly for schedules) is write some .NET code and translate these elements to layers with the appropriate layer width. probably need to do something similar for linetypes.
Message 4 of 7

The timing of this question is probably the answer, but is there any plans to fix this bug?

Message 5 of 7
matthewmartini
in reply to: Clntnco

9 years appears to not be enough time. Looking for a solution to this as well. Working with an engineer that sizes sprinkler pipes with polyline thickness (ie; a 2" pipe is drawn with a 2" polyline). All pipes are on the same layer, so the previous response of changing the lineweight of a particular layer does not help. I wonder what the reason for not adding this as a feature is.
Message 6 of 7
user01
in reply to: matthewmartini

I got around this by creating a dynamic block with a "polyline" on defpoints to create a border at the correct width and filled it with a solid hatch. In my case it allowed me to have rebar that had the correct width.

Message 7 of 7
Clntnco
in reply to: user01

Good idea, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report