Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Sections???

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
goodjp
564 Views, 6 Replies

Linked Sections???

Ok so I am working on our structural model and I linked the Architectual model in. What I am trying to due is cut smy structural section over the arch section which is halftoned out. I go through visibility graphics and turn off what I do not want to see on the linked arch. model etc. etc...Everthing seems to be working great then............There is something I cannot turn off. It is a region, does anyone know how to turn the linked regions off? I'm I going around the right way of doing this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: goodjp

Need a few more details -- what display settings are you using for the arch link? By Host View, By Linked View, Custom? When you say "region", do you actually mean a filled region, or is it just an object with shading/color? Are you able to hover the cursor over it and tab through to select it & see its properties?
--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 3 of 7
goodjp
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

The display setting is “Fine”. I linked it custom. Yes by region I meant a
filled region and no I am not able to hover the cursor over to see its
properties.
Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

I am assuming that since you can see the region that belongs to a Linked Model, then your V/G Overrides » Revit Links » [Arch Link] » Display Settings are set to "By Linked View". In order to be able to turn off that filled region, you will have to change the setting to "Custom", switch to the "Model Categories" tab, set the "Model Categories:" drop-down to "<Custom>", and then turn off the Detail Items Category.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
goodjp
in reply to: CoreyDaun

When I turn the detail items off everything turns off which I do not want
to do.
Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

You have limited options, since there is no specific control for Filled Regions. You can turn off the Surface Pattern visibility for the Detail Items Category to hide the hatch pattern, but that will affect all Detail Item elements. Also, the boundary lines will still display unless those lines (whatever Subcategory) are turned off.

I guess you could also place your own Masking Region over the Filled Region too, if that is of any help. But that would mask any Model Elements beneath, as well.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
goodjp
in reply to: CoreyDaun

And you can not turn the pattern visibility off either

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report