Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legend Export

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alb01
18416 Views, 4 Replies

Legend Export

Hi,

is it possible to export legends from a project and save them into another project/liberary for future use.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: alb01

I don't believe that this is possible, since you can only import 2D Views (like Drafting Views) from other Project using the "Insert from File" command. You could recreate the Legend in your Project Template and then simply remove from the Project it if not needed. Recreating the Legend View should be easy - I believe you should be able to copy/paste the contents of the Legend View to a new Legend View in your template in lieu of recreating it from scratch.

Hope this helps.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
gsucciHOK
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Will this be addressed in 2015?

Why Legends do not show in the list of views of the "Insert from File" tool?

Only Keynote Legends show, and they are listed as "Legend:". (but these are just special schedules, aren't they?)

These little, random, holes in the software functionality, as a BIM manager, are my job security, but as a Revit user, they are just unexplicable.

Thank you,

regards

Gio.

Message 4 of 5
FAIT_MvdB
in reply to: gsucciHOK

I have to work with a lot of previous versions of our company's template there arent to many schedules that match the newest version. 

What is holding Autodesk back to replace and add all schedules in once? 

Instead of copying every single schedule, and replace all the reference planes.(since they are very usefull for placing schedules)

Message 5 of 5
N_SIZER
in reply to: alb01

Hello, 

REVIT 2021

Want to know how to export a LEGEND so I may import to other Projects, which I can edit if required.  I do not want to have to re-create for every Project - eg: Electrical Symbols

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report