Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep track of you loads

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
AlexDT
595 Views, 6 Replies

Keep track of you loads

Im am getting my RSTmodel ready for RSA.

But now applied loads are getting more difficult to distinguish as I assign more and more loads. See attachment.

They have the same color and I cant filter by loadcase (as far as I know).  If I assign a load twice I couldnt even tell the difference! Am I missing something here?

How do you guys do it? Is there a possiblity to make the loads stack onto eachother as is done in other 2D calculationsoftware?

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AlexDT
in reply to: AlexDT

I've solved this... and I'm convinced that this is the proper way (correct if wrong). I define the weight of a material in the "thickness library". Then I assign self-weight to my model, I then only have to place the liveloads in my model.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Is there also a way of seeing all the loads applied to your model? e.g. a list?

Message 4 of 7
AlexDT

When you are in the loads layout, you will see that there will be a loads windows with a list of the loads.

Otherwise you can rightclick select tables > loads.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Apologies but I'm a complete beginner with the software, and don't have the time to familiarise myself with the program unfortunately.

Where do I find these options exactly?

Many thanks for the help

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also: I've found the list of the load cases in the structural settings, but I'm specifically looking for the areas all these loads are working on or their total lmagnitudes, without having to find them individually in the viewport

Message 7 of 7
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there also a way of seeing all the loads applied to your model? e.g. a list?

You can also create a Revit Schedule view which will  list all of the load elements in the project.

You can use the filter tool to choose which loads are displayed in each view and how they are displayed.

I would set up a bunch of views and filters in my template to help with load visualization.

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report