Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interopability with SDS/2, TEKLA & other detailing softwares

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sureshchotrani
1968 Views, 3 Replies

Interopability with SDS/2, TEKLA & other detailing softwares

Hi,

What i have to say to the clients whom they are going to prepare the shop drawings in SDS/2, TEKLA, etc. I am confused as Revit exports in CIS/2 which only gives steel material while importing to SDS/2, tekla, software.

Anybody have a good solution for this as i have work for this guys whom they are using SDS/2 and tekla.

Thanks

Suresh
www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Suresh,

If the detailers are using either SDS/2 or Tekla, they should have the capability to import a CIS/2 file. You can create the CIS/2 file using the Revit Extensions. Keep in mind that the CIS/2 neutral file format only encompasses steel elements. Check out the following website for more information on the file format and development efforts... http://cic.nist.gov/vrml/cis2.html

Also, from my experience and testing with both SDS/2 and Tekla developers, there are some things to be aware of when transferring this type of file format from Revit. I've run into issues with member orientation, grouped elements and section mapping. However, the overall geometry always appeared to be transferred correctly. Just be aware that it is not a perfect transfer (YET) and there may be legal ramifications if these issues are not spelled out in the contractual documents.

Hope this helps. If you would like further clarification, please feel free to contact me... jharris@ghafari.com

Regards,

Jason
Message 3 of 4
isaacrs
in reply to: sureshchotrani

We are in the process of integrating BIM Models that we have developed in Revit Structures and Tekla into Fabtrol for pricing. Can I get a material takeoff from Revit in Excel or Kiss format??
Message 4 of 4

No, you cannot export the Schedule directly in Excel. But you have to export first in note pad after which you have to copy and paste data from note pad to excel.

Thanks
www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report