Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tie roof beams to roof deck/slab

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
convolution
732 Views, 1 Reply

How to tie roof beams to roof deck/slab

I am trying to model a simple sloped roof framing systrem. I create a slab with a standalone deck, and place that over the level. I then attach the columns to it and make ridges and valleys acordingly.

Here is where I get stuck. I can put framing in that slopes with the roof, but none of it seems to be assocated with the roof element. If I modify the elevations of the ridges, the columns follow but the beams and girders don't. Is this just how it behaves? It possible to make all the roof framing track with the roof element or do I just have to modify all the beams each time the roof changes? This is for RST2009.

Any help is appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rsoni
in reply to: convolution

Hello,

You need to select working plane as a bottom of floor or deck prior to applying beam. I would just go to any building section and select beam
command that will bring you to select plane. Then select bottom of deck and go to the plan where you wants to draw a beam. This will automate your system. The beam elevation will change with deck....

Alta Engineering Ltd.
BIM compatible...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report