Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit Array spacing!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
PAULRYMAL7709
28377 Views, 5 Replies

How to edit Array spacing!

Hi! I cannot for the life of me understand why it is so difficult to find answers on the internete for such simple revit problems. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to "Edit the distance between arrayed objects". It is not problem editing the No. lof items in the array. But I have given up trying to figure this incredibly simple function.

Any help would be much appreciated including any books that explaion some of these hidden commands. I've already spent over $1000.00 for books & $1100.00 on training. Its a great & solid program but exttremely difficult to work with and especially with the lack of hellp out there. Using Revit 2013 Ultimate.

Thanks

Paul Rymal

Rymal Drafting Inc.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DParkRMAK
in reply to: PAULRYMAL7709

You control the spacing by moving the second object in the array. In a family you can set up parameters for spacing and count. With arrays it is important to not get ahead of yourself. Always start off with only 2 objects in the array. Then add a dimension and new parameter for the spacing. You can select the array count and make that a parameter too.

If it is an array in a project it works the same way except you do not have accurate control over the spacing.

Message 3 of 6
PAULRYMAL7709
in reply to: DParkRMAK

Thanks! This helped a lot.

Much appreciated!

Paul Rymal

Message 4 of 6
dc
Enthusiast

I found the answer so concise that I had to examine every word, but it's very clear once I got my head around it. I have been making parametric stadium seating with armrests, varying the chair widths per section and the number of seats per row. I started with a less-parametric example, by a seat manufacturer, that didn't work properly. For every row, there's a left and right end, plus intermediate armrests. Getting the counts and spacing right has been a challenge. Next challenges for theatres: radial rows, randomized widths and convex floors.  

Message 5 of 6
A_MAQ

it's very useful to make your array parametric so you define the spacing or count or even total length 

best,

-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 6 of 6
dc
Enthusiast
in reply to: dc

I fumbled the Forum interface. I was responding to DParkRMAK's excellent answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report