Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display/identify constraints when editing floor boundary?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PatrickEC
588 Views, 3 Replies

How to display/identify constraints when editing floor boundary?

I am editing the floor boundary and there are constraints on some of the sketch lines. I am wondering why I am not seeing padlock icons and how to identify to which element any particular sketch line is constraint.

Video: http://screencast.com/t/Ripy7KJ4

How_to_display-identify_constraints_when_editing_floor_boundary.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: PatrickEC

Just curious here -- would switching to one of the plan views make a difference when editing the slab?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 4
gguevarra
in reply to: PatrickEC

I don't believe switching to a plan view will make a difference. My guess is that there is something else in the model that is locking the floor boundary in its place. For example, there could be a dimension from the floor edge to a grid that is locked, or an element that the floor edge is aligned and locked to. When editing the boundary of the floor, the padlocks from those external constraints don't show up. To try and identify what is providing the constraint, try getting out of the Edit Floor Boundary command and selecting the floor. It should highlight any padlocks that apply to the floor.

Message 4 of 4
PatrickEC
in reply to: gguevarra

Thank you for your posts, I don't seem to be aple recreate this issue, so maybe that was just a glitch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report