Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create stairs in Revit Structure?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
stgauss
2977 Views, 9 Replies

How to create stairs in Revit Structure?

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but, how do I create stairs in Revit Structure (2014)? I've seen several tutorials that use the Architecture ribbon tab and from there go to a component creation dialog. And on those tutorials they have both the Architecture and Structure tabs. But I can't seem to find this Architecture tab on my ribbon. I just have Structure, Insert, Annotate, Analyze, Massing, Collaborate, View, Manage and Modify.

Is there a way to turn this Architecture tab on and off? 

If the Architecture tab doesn't exist on Revit Structure, how to do you create stairs then? All I really need is a stairs material takeoff, not really looking to do any analysis on them. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
gregamhale
in reply to: stgauss

There are several different versions of Revit. The three that you are used to are the three disciplinary versions for Architecture, Structure, and MEP. There is also product simply called Revit. This version includes all three disciplines and is sold as part of a product suite that includes things like AutoCAD, Navisworks, and 3Ds Max Design.

I don't believe Revit Structure comes with the stair tools. It is a Revit Architecture feature.
Message 3 of 10
subhra_civil
in reply to: stgauss

Hi,

If you use Revit 2014 Premium Product then you will get Revit Architecture, Structure & MEP (System) all in one. In Architecture Ribbon you will get "Stair" option to create a stair. Please find the attahced image file for your better understanding what i want to say.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

kolkata

India

Message 4 of 10

um wierd, we use Structure 2014, i can see the Arch tab just fine. (although if they moved the stair feature elsewhere i wouldn't need that tab at all!) and Yes, you can modify the UI slightly, we have added custom ribbons, but i don't know about taking out the default ones.
Message 5 of 10

Try looking in the Application Button (Big R in the upper left hand corner).  Then go to Options -> User Interface and make sure the Architecture Tab is selected to be on.

Message 6 of 10
stgauss
in reply to: gregamhale

That´s it... I hadn't enabled the architecture tab in the Revit options. Thanks!
Message 7 of 10

curious stgauss, what version are you using? (upper right question mark), about) as I don't see this as an option. (Im using Structure 2014 update 2)
Message 8 of 10

I'm on Revit 2014, build 20130308_1515, 64 bits.
Message 9 of 10

ahhh hence my confusion, those options only exist in the all-in-one Revit, and not in the discipline specific versions (Structure, MEP, Arch).
Message 10 of 10

Dear Misters 

As long as I know Revit structure Tag do not have Stair Category. So we only have to creat in Archi Tag right? and after that make a component in situ by floor category we make a stair and delete Archi stiar and we got Structural stair , right? or is that method idk 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report