Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Growing Pains with Revit Structure 2010 - Plywood Sheathing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Phileruplease
718 Views, 2 Replies

Growing Pains with Revit Structure 2010 - Plywood Sheathing

HI Folks,

Another newbie here immersed in the transition from CAD to BIM. I am working my way thru tutorials and had a question regarding wood framed building construction.

I created a simple model in RST2010 with spread footings and beams at grade, two floors and a roof. I was not concerned about circulaiton at this point, so no stairs or shaft openings.

I was able to apply a beam system for the Wood 'I' joists ... so far so good. I am stumped about how to show/model the plywood sheathing which serves as a diaphragm for the floor tho.

I found a plywood family on the AutoDESK website for architectural 2010 and downloaded it. I am having growing pains in figuring out how to apply it to the model.

Any help or suggesitons are most appreciated.

Regards,

Phil
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mwoods
in reply to: Phileruplease

Unless I am missing something from what you have said all you should need to do is set up a floor type in the slab command. Using the structure layer of the floor as you sheathing thickness and the material type as plywood sheathing..
Message 3 of 3

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report