Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grout in Revit Structure

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4251 Views, 4 Replies

Grout in Revit Structure

Hi everyone, I am studying Revit structure and trying to model a steel structure building. I am wondering how to model the grout under the base plates. I model them as a isolated foundation with 25mm thickness. I am wondering if it is the right way to model them or there is a special family for that. I will appreciate if anyone can help. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: Anonymous

How are you modeling the base plates?  You could simply add the grout to your base plate family.  (Different piece of geometry with a different material.)

Joe

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Thanks mate. I use add component to model the base plate and use the M?column base plate-4 holes to model the base plate. There is not any option for grout in the property pallet. Is there another base plate family with the grout option?

Regards,

Reza

Message 4 of 5
Joe.Charpentier

Reza,

Sorry, but it's not an option in the properties palette.  Loaded families (such as the base plate) can be anything you want them to be- but you have to modify them yourself.  You'll have to learn about editing families to do this, and then you can make exactly what you need.  That's one of the great things about Revit- you don't have to rely on Autodesk or anyone else to provide you with content.

Joe

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks mate. I got the idea. As I am beginner in Revit I learnt how to model the structure using the families in Revit but i haven't learnt how to edit or creat a new family. Please let me know if any good reference to learn more about families in Revit. (books or websites).

I really appreciate your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report